The Savannah Botanical Garden presents a wonderful spring environment starting in March (Azaleas) into May (Roses.) In addition, the historic farm house is also an interesting visit. The site is ‘open’ during daylight hours – the farm house schedule varies.
The slide show below has many options (including ‘full screen’ view) – select the ‘play’ button to explore the options. Images were captured during March and April of 2011 – time of day also varies.
Savannah, Georgia (USA) and nearby Tybee Island host a number of wonderful cultural events for residents and visitors. We also have a number of historical & arts resources. We enjoy several annual festivals and events with the spring (Irish-connected) activities probably being the largest (Irish Festival, Tara Feis, St. Patrick’s Day parades in Savannah and on Tybee Island.) Photographs (and slideshows) from many of our events are found on this blog and on my Savannah Photography services slideshow index page.
Early July 2010 – Weather update – we have some rough sea conditions so take extra care with families on the beach… 🙂
Fireworks on south end of Tybee Island, Ga – 7/3/2010, after 8:30 PM – should be visible from any east shore location or from US Highway 80. Expect lots of traffic…
Savannah Area Cultural/Historical Resources
- Coastal Jazz Association
- Friends of Johnny Mercer
- Johnny Mercer Centennial (2009)
- Georgia Historical Society
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace (Founder: Girl Scouts of America)
- King Tisdell Cottage Foundation
- Little Theatre of Savannah (Rent – summer 2010)
- Live Oak Public Libraries (Savannah/Chatham County)
- Lucas Theatre for the Arts
- Savannah Folk Music Society
- Savannah Waterfront Association
- Telfair Museum of Art
- Tybee Art Association
- Savannah Black Heritage Festival (winter)
- Savannah Book Festival (winter)
- Savannah Children’s Book Festival (fall)
- Savannah Music Festival (spring)
- Savannah Film Festival (fall)